Health News Article- Reasons To Brush Your Teeth
Article Title: Brushing Your Teeth May Lower Dementia Risk (And 8 Other Reasons to Brush)
Everyone knows that they should brush their teeth, but few people usually make the connection between oral health and general health. In short, brushing your teeth correlates with decreased health risks, which include:
- Preventing Stroke-getting the teeth professionally scaled can decrease stroke risk.
- Decrease Prevalence of Gum Disease- brushing your teeth can decrease your risk of developing gum disease.
- Healthier Babies- periodontal disease has been linked to lower weight, preterm babies. By keeping the teeth healthy, the weight and health of babies also has been found to increase.
- Healthy Eating- brushing your teeth can tell your brain that a meal is over. This can keep your food consumption and mind in check, and stop you from craving unnecessary calories.
- Other Illnesses-periodontal disease has been connected with a host of other illnesses. While scientists are still researching the effects of periodontal disease with other diseases, it can be asserted that better oral health will only help you.
To learn more about how you can ward off periodontal disease, do not hesitate to contact Dr. Jose Valenzuela. Dr. Valenzuela can help you understand where your greatest oral health risks lie, and help give you the information that you need to keep your smile at its most brilliant.
Maintain a beautiful and healthy smile with Dr. Valenzuela today!