6 Ways to Prevent Tooth Loss
Your Oral Health
You know the routine. You wake up to a hissing alarm clock and head to the shower. As you eat your breakfast of eggs and toast, you always read the paper to find out the latest headlines. Right before you head out the door, you always stop in the mirror to make sure that you look presentable, and flash a smile before you make your way to the car.
Now imagine that everything about this scenario was the exact same. You still have your normal breakfast. You still shower and get ready for work. But when you flash a grin in the mirror, you notice that your teeth are missing!
While this might not seem realistic, if you do not take proper care of your oral health, then this scene might become reality. So what can you do to make sure that this doesn’t happen for you? Keep reading Dr. Jose Valenzuela’s blog to find out!
Taking Care of Your Smile
A beautiful smile not only gives you self-esteem, it gives you the ability to chew and speak naturally. In order to protect your pearly whites, follow these six tips to keep your smile in tip-top shape.
- Brush Your Teeth-twice a day, you should brush your teeth completely and thoroughly. That means using toothpaste and brushing for 2 minutes in every nook and cranny of your mouth.
- Floss Regularly-don’t forget to floss! It is easy to overlook flossing, but it is one of the best ways to get into those hard to reach places that brushing can miss.
- Don't smoke-smoking can make you more vulnerable to plaque and bacteria buildup, and in-turn, periodontal disease. Protect your general health and oral health by tossing the cigarettes.
- Eat Healthy-your oral health is closely connected to what you eat. The more sugary the foods that you eat, the more likely that decay will ensue. Do your body and mouth a favor and eat all of your vegetables and fruits and avoid processed foods.
- Watch the drinking-drinking can also contribute to an increased chance of periodontal disease development and subsequent tooth loss. Alcohol should be consumed in moderation.
- Visit Dr. Jose Valenzuela- to make sure that your oral health is in the best shape possible, visit Dr. Jose Valenzuela for regular visits. He can also help you understand what procedures might be best for your oral health.
For more information on how you can better your oral health, do not hesitate to contact Dr. Jose Valenzuela and his team. Dr. Valenzuela will answer all of your questions related to oral health, cosmetic and restorative dentistry, and all of the procedures that he offers at his Algodones office.
Learn how you can protect your dental health and oral health. Call Dr. Jose Valenzuela today!
- Dr. Jose Valenzuela. About Us. http://www.algodonesdentalimplants.com/
- WebMD. Periodontal Disease. http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/tc/gum-disease-topic-overview