The Benefits of Implant Dentistry
Implant dentistry is truly one of the most profound advancements in the history of medicine. No other method of tooth restoration offers quite the range of aesthetic, practical, and health-related advantages that dental implants do. As the highest point of intersection between cosmetic dentistry and restorative dentistry, dental implants:
• Are highly versatile: They can be used to support a single dental crown, a bridge, or even an entire set of dentures.
• Are extraordinarily natural looking: Because the replacement teeth are attached below the gum line, they appear to be part of the patient’s natural anatomy.
• Prevent the jawbone from deteriorating: When a natural tooth is missing, the bone that once helped to support it begins to degenerate. By acting as artificial tooth roots, dental implants prevent this degeneration from occurring.
• Restore the ability to chew, speak, smile, and laugh with confidence.
• Are the most durable and long-term solution to missing teeth available: The titanium used in dental implants integrates naturally with the jawbone, essentially becoming a permanent part of the patient’s mouth. While the restorations attached to the implants may need to be replaced or repaired after ten or fifteen years, the titanium posts may last a lifetime.
These are just five of the many benefits of modern implant dentistry. To find out more of the benefits for yourself, contact the Dental Implant Center, serving Palm Springs, Yuma, and surrounding communities.