Traditional removable dentures often slip out of place while eating, speaking, or smiling, causing discomfort and embarrassment.
Dr. Jose Valenzuela Jr. provides snap-in dentures, also known as snap-on dentures, an alternative that combines the convenience of a removable denture with the stability of dental implants.
So why should you consider snap-in dentures?
What Do Snap-in Dentures Look Like?
State-of-the-Art Technology for Highly Customized Treatment
At Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry Center, we use advanced dental technology to provide all stages of the snap-in denture treatment. We can take detailed scans of your jaw and sinuses using our computed tomography (CT) scanner. Then, we can create a surgical guide on our in-office 3-D printer.
When designing your final restoration, we can use intraoral scans and our smile design software to craft a customized denture that suits your unique needs and preferences.
Do I even qualify for a snap-in denture?
Evaluating Your Candidacy
Most patients with extensive tooth loss who qualify for dental implants can receive a snap-in denture.
However, there are some qualities that make a snap-in denture a better choice than other methods, such as:
Video: Listen to Dr. Valenzuela Discuss Dental Implants...
We Perform Every Stage of Treatment at Our Office
The treatment timeline for snap-in dentures will vary depending on a range of factors, including your current oral health. Generally, the entire restoration process takes about six months.
You can generally expect several steps:
- Planning: You will attend a consultation appointment with Dr. Valenzuela. We will take scans and make a personalized treatment plan.
- Preparatory procedures: Dr. Valenzuela will perform any treatments necessary to restore your oral health before implant placement. These may include bone grafts, extractions, or treatment for gum disease.
- Implant placement: Dr. Valenzuela will embed two or more dental implants into your jawbone. Typically, the posts are placed at the front of the mouth where there is more bone.
- Healing time: We will monitor your healing for three to six months until your implants have fused with your jawbone. We may attach a temporary restoration during this time.
- Final restoration: We can design a customized denture or adapt your existing denture to fit your implants. Then, Dr. Valenzuela can attach your restoration. We will also show you how to remove, clean, and reattach your snap-in denture.
Will my final result look natural?
We Craft Customized, Realistic Dentures
Can I Really Afford Snap-in Dentures?
For many patients, snap-in dentures are an affordable way to achieve a stable full mouth restoration. Since they require fewer implants, this method can save you money when compared to another type of implant-supported denture. In addition, converting your existing denture can reduce your overall treatment cost.
There is a range of factors that can affect the final cost of treatment with snap-in dentures, such as:
The Treatment Is an Investment in Your Long-Term Oral Health
While any restoration supported by dental implants has a higher upfront cost, they offer a level of stability unmatched by any other tooth replacement option.
In addition, implant-supported restorations tend to require fewer replacements and offer improved overall oral health.
"I am so happy with the work I had done here. I don't like any dental work being done but when it has to be done this place is the place. Very clean and state of the art place." Billy P.